There once was a time I would 'run to the store' and not think much of it. Just go whenever we needed something. Sure, I'd pay attention to what I was spending, but never really had to worry about there being money in the bank to cover it. What a thrill to find a great bargin! Love the "Clearence" section, especially at Target. "Clarence, he's my friend!" LOL
Well, life is full of change. It's the only constant, really. Those carefree trips to the store have suddenly taken on a whole new meaning. For the better, to be sure. It is amazing how much we can truly do without! And how creative we've become! Surely Mother Earth benefits quite nicely as well, as we're much more careful not to waste!
This morning I took the kids to Target (my FAV!) to get just a few basics for Back-to-School and a few other necessities. What a blessing to be able to do that. Things that in the past were almost taken for granted. Now I try to be extra careful to be so very thankful to my Father in Heaven for such a trip!
Simple pleasures. I'm a simple girl. And so very grateful!
Clarence, he's still my friend! =)
It really is amazing how God provides!
ReplyDelete