Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day of School


So, the first day of school was like 3 weeks ago. And I took a picture of the kids. How 3 weeks have passed since then and I haven't posted this pic is beyond me. Like my folks say, life happens while we're busy making plans.


This school year we have not one but 2 middle schoolers! Where on earth does the time go? Aaron is in 7th grade. Changing every day. Eating more and more food. To the point where I am just amazed that he isn't fat! He hasn't an ounce of fat on his bones. But he eats like a horse. And not a pony. More like a Clydesdale. It seems like yesterday I was balling my eyes out on his first day of kindergarten. Gosh, even though he drives me in sane some days, I sure love that boy!


Maegan is now in 6th grade. My little Maegan. So tender on the inside. And so petite. Why oh why do so many of her peers tease her about her size?! It's maddening to me. With the way their generation is expanding their girths at such alarming rates, it baffles my mind that they would tease her about being little. I tell her they are just jealous. And the will really be once they are adults. She is so smart but that one is hard to grasp at such a young age. She makes us proud, though!! I love her spirit!


Madison, our baby, is in 3rd grade. The hardest year in elementary school. And she is flying through it already. She is almost too smart for her own good! So very mature in so many ways. And loves to flirt with being the adult in way to many situations! She has an amazing teacher this year and I'm so very thankful! A very strict, tough yet loving teacher that will give Madison a run for her money when she is feeling a bit too bold! She may be growing up fast, but she is still our baby and is still a snuggle bunny!


Jordan would be so very proud of them all! I'm sure she is in heaven with a huge smile on her face! We all miss her so much, still. We always will here on earth. And we can't wait for that '...great, gettin' up mornin'...' when we reunite with her and our Heavenly Father on those golden streets!! What a glad reunion day! THAT is the hope and peace we cling to, especially in our most grief filled moments.


Soccer is just starting up for the two oldest kids. Oh, the practice nights in the heat, bugs and smelly kids. Though they aren't my favorite nights, it is pretty amazing to see them out there running, learning and having fun! And, even in the midst of that miserable weather, I am truly thankful that they are healthy and we have the opportunity to enjoy life!


As our kids continue to grow so fast right before our eyes, our greatest desire is that they would be happy, productive, loving, honest adults who embrace life to the fullest and follow Jesus in all they do.


Life is just sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive