Since our kids have 'grown up' at Bok Tower they know it like the back of their hand. We've developed a tradition of letting them be the guide when we go. They decide where we'll go explore. Most of the time it's really fun to see where they love to go. For some reason, we always end up at the cafe' with ice cream in our hands! LOL!
We spent alot of time this afternoon in the 'fort' where they added some sticks to the walls. It's a fort built on multi-leveled decks covered in sticks, palms and other such natural materials. Really fun for kids! Maegan discovered that dried palms worked really well as a broom and had a blast cleaning up after Aaron and Madison. You know if I had suggested it, she would have whined and never spent so much time 'cleaning'. It is encouraging to see them conscious of messes and the need to clean! (Makes me proud, anyhow! LOL!)
On December 13, 1996 Butch asked for my hand in marriage at Bok Tower. I'll never forget it. So very simple, yet so very thoughtful. He knew how very much I adored The Gardens and thought it would be romantic to ask me to marry him there. He couldn't have done it better!
Since that special moment we've spent countless hours exploring and making wonderful memories at Bok. The list of birds alone is just awesome! Then there's the animals, the swans, snakes, spiders, trees, flowers, lizards, skinks, Easter Sunrise Services, the list goes on.
What a true treasure it is! At the beginning of this new year I can't think of a better place to start fresh and new. Enjoying nature and spending time together as a family. I hate that Butch couldn't be with us today. But then again, it makes me so very thankful that he has a job!!!
I believe we are blessed beyond measure! And this I am so very thankful for!
Life truly is GOOD!
I saw your pictures on FB and this place is beautiful. Ethan was intrigued by the photo of the spider. What a lovely place to spend the day!
ReplyDelete