Tin signs. You know, the 'old fashioned' ones that were used to advertise in yesteryear. They had wonderful graphics that were eye-catching. Now days they are reproduced to look 'vintage'. Truly old or made to look old, I just love them. In my opinion, one can never have too many.
Cats. I've always had a great love of them. I just love how they can completely ignore anyone or anything. Call their name and they'll push their nose in the air and slowly turn their head like you never existed. Unless you have some delectable morsel of cheese or meat, they have no use for you. Well, most of the time, anyway. There is a saying that goes something like, "...Dogs have owners. Cats have staff..." That is simply awesome!
Photography. Dad used to center our family vacations around just the right lighting for that perfect picture. And he'd carry what amounted to a camera-suitcase for all his lenses, filters, film (remember that stuff??! LOL!) and tripods. We'd all moan most of our vacations because Dad just couldn't get enough pictures. Now I'm the one doing that to my family. Well, almost - I'm fresh out of 35mm film and 2 million lenses. But I just love taking pictures. Wish I was better. And had a camera a little quicker than mine. But I am still most thankful for what I do have. Pics of my family are always sweet. We are so very blessed.
Scrabble. Search high and low and, in my opinion, you'll be hard pressed to find a more exciting game! I just adore it. And love to play against a really good player. Learning all those new words is just plain great entertainment to me!
Primitives. You know, that old and beat up stuff that most people discard. Old stuff. Chipped, crackled paint. It all adds such character to a piece. Look around my home, you'll find plenty. Creating 'new' stuff out of 'old', recycled stuff is so much fun. Making 'new' prim things is so very therapeutic to me, especially painting. For this I am truly grateful.
The mountains of the wild west. It calls me to come explore. Where my folks live is simply breath-taking. I think it's so much fun to explore and let you mind wonder what was there. Who, if anyone, walked where I trod. The deafening stillness and quiet of the high peaks while the winds sings a peaceful song thru the branches of the pine and juniper. A grand escape from the loud daily grind.
Southern Gospel Music. It just doesn't get better, in my opinion. Four-part harmony. Mmmm, I just can't get enough. Makes me want to rub it all over me. The happy rhythm it offers speaks happiness, promise, grace and peace. It just doesn't get much better.
These are just a few of my favorite things. It's like a bowl of potpourri. A little of this and that. Mixed together to encourage me. Sweet aromas for my inner self.
This I believe, life is good!!!
Laura, this is a great post. Like little snapshots of yourself. Love it!
ReplyDelete