Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple child-like faith


It's late Friday afternoon and I'm in the kitchen working on dinner. All three kids are outside enjoying the beautiful Florida winter weather. Daddy is on his way home from work.


Out of nowhere Madison comes into the kitchen with a very specific request.


"Mom, after dinner and our baths tonight, can you tell me how to ask Jesus into my heart so I can become a Christian?"


She totally caught me off guard! I suddenly stopped cutting up the fresh red pepper, looked at her in the eyes, and said, "Sure! Do you want to do that now or wait until later?"


"No, later is good. Bye Mom."


Off she went back outside to play.


Talk about getting someone's attention!! She was a girl on a mission and knew exactly what she wanted and when. I love that!


So, as promised, after our dinner and baths, she and I went into her room and with Bible in hand, went down the "Romans Road" and she asked Jesus to come into her heart.


In as many ways as I could I asked her about this decision, trying to ensure she knew what she was doing. She sure did! And was so very excited about it.


All Jesus asks is for us to confess and invite. No big fan fare. Ten verses of "Just as I am" not needed, thank you. Not even in the walls of a Baptist church. (Shhh, don't tell them! LOL!) Just a simple, still moment filled with humility, sincerity and faith.


Don't you love how God intended it?! HE is all about love! WE just need to accept it. HE is madly in love with us. How awesome!


Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. WOW~Praise God! What an intro for my first time on your blog! All I can say is AWEsome Madison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, what a great story! Both my boys were exactly the same way and got saved in the quietness of our home. As a mom, it was the two most blessed moments of my life! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive