Sunday, June 27, 2010

Snoopy!!!



Our friends, The Roustios, have beagles. About once a year they have a liter of puppies. Adorable, sweet, happy, healthy, energetic puppies. Aaron, Maegean and Madison have loved going over to love on those puppies and watch them grow until they go to their new homes. Naturally they BEG to take one home to call their own. They are kids, the puppies are just adorable, what else would a parent expect?! Shane has been one amazing salesman, too.


But this Momma is, and has always been, a cat person. Yeah, yeah, the puppies are just sooo cute. But then they grow up and become dogs. And I had it all figured out - bring puppy home, kids won't leave it alone for about 3 days, then MOM will be the one to take care of the puppy. The late night potty breaks, the extra cleaning, watering, feeding, baths....the list is exhausting! Daddy was with Momma in the whole "NO DOGS" mantra.


That was UNTIL Daddy laid eyes and hand on "Big Boy" (now known as Snoopy!). I didn't watch the clock, but I'm pretty sure it only took less than an hour for Daddy to cave in (thanks in part to Shane's salesmanship, Madison's own puppydog faces, and the love in Maegan and Aaron's faces) then he threw the decision to Momma. I mean c'mon!! What could I do but say yes?!?!


So, we leave the Graduation Party for Shelaine with SNOOPY! Momma drops the kids, Daddy and Snoopy at home and treks to The Evil Empire (aka WalMart) to buy puppy necessities. All the while shaking my head and wondering what on earth we just got ourselves into!!!!!!!!!!


A month later we are so madly in love with our Snoopy! He has been such a wonderful addition to our family. Snoopy took immediately to crate trainning and potty trainning. We're still working on the jumping up thing. But he's doing better than I had imagined.


Who knew I, Momma, could love a DOG this much?! If he didn't smell like a dog, it would be a true love affair. But a dog smells like a dog.


The Taylor Family is complete. NO more critters!! We love every one we have. And are truly blessed!! Welcome home, Snoopy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive