Monday, July 12, 2010

Birdies, Painting and Campfires at Sunset

We've named the four baby western kingbirds - Billy, Bobby, Joey and Vinny. They were practicing quite the balancing act this morning on the line that runs behind Mom and Dad's yard. Their Momma (we're assuming anyways) was feeding them some juicy bugs for breakfast. We are just loving their presence and watching them grow up!!
Just before lunchtime, Grandma (aka Mom) had to go to 'town' for a meeting at Hospice. (She volunteers for them in Lincoln County.) Grandpa, the kids and I to LaBrewja for lunch, then went for a walk down 12th Street. We stopped in the Antiques store and enjoyed a wonderful tour by the owner, Audrey. She has some beautiful antiques from all over he world. And she loves sharing the pieces' history. If I were made of money, I woulda dropped a wad in her shop! Great tables, chairs, rugs, doors, and dishes. Alas, I am NOT rich, so I will happily and thankfully enjoy the wonderful pieces I have, all of which have a rich family history of my own!


After dinner, we pulled out some paint and Grandma gave Madison and Aaron lessons on painting. They were painting a great adobe birdhouse that Aaron and Grandpa made in the shop. Sooo fun! Maegan painted her 3-D cat she and Grandpa made. That's my girl - loving her some kitties!! (Just like her Momma!)








Painting supplies put away, and the dishes washed, Aaron wanted to show off his Boy Scouts skills in firestarting so Grandpa allowed him to build a small fire in the chimnea (sp?) and we watch one fantastic sunset by the fire. Too bad we were fresh out of marshmallows!
Very relaxing, simply deee-vine evening. Life is good!




























1 comment:

  1. Great Sunset pics!! Love them! Love the pic of Madison too...beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive