Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Delayed by Technical Difficulties...

So last night someone decided to cut the ONLY fiber optic cable here in town. Well, I don't think it was intentional, but it was certainly inconvenient!!! Being in the middle of nowhere it's not like the equipment to repair such a thing is just a short distance away. It's back and we're all thankful!!
Tuesday was a rather uneventful yet relaxing day. Before lunchtime we (I mean EVERYbody) helped Grandma cook in the kitchen. We're getting ready for the big reunion this weekend. ALL of my maternal side of the family will be here in Zozo!! It's been years since we were all together. Five, to be exact. With us all here, it might double the town's population. Well, almost. LOL!

After cleaning up the kitchen we headed to LaBrewja (coffee shop) for lunch and a surprise going away party for the girl that works there. She's moving to Philly. (Why is beyond me! People really choose to move there??) Grandpa wanted to make something to give her from the 'gang' (locals who hang out there) so I suggested a wooden coffee cup. Grandma sketched it out on a board, Maegan and Grandpa cut it out at his shop, and I painted it. Grandpa screwed on an old rusty handle to complete this really cool gift! She loved it!!

We spent the rest of the afternoon 'hanging out' inside to escape the hot temps outside. Not too humid, but hot. (High humidity for here, but still not Florida high.) After supper we went out in the back yard to watch the sun set. The kids cranked up an impromptu game of baseball, and we went back to the Rainbow at dark.




This morning (Wednesday) the kids went to Garden Club to help Grandpa, then had their breakfast at LaBrewja. I came to the house to hang with Grandma. We had the most fun finding some great bugs and lizards in the back yard. Two of them made it onto my SD card in the camera -



1 comment:

  1. Love the moon pics!! and the new blog background! I saw thisone and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive