Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to Ivy's then to Flying J






















Monday morning we found ourselves back up at Ivy's. The kids loved the pit she had in the front yard and asked if they could come back to 'mine clay' again. Sunday after throwing pots they discovered a clay-like substance in the dirt (sorry, I forget what it's real name is). They thought they found gold, too funny!!

Ivy graciously agreed to our return and we all had a grand time yet again. We 'big kids' had the privilege of watching Ivy throw lots of pots and plates. The really amazing good ones that she makes a living from. I'm telling ya, she is so very blessed and GOOD!

About lunch time we headed back down to Carrizozo for lunch at La BrewJa (the coffee shop). They have the best BLT EVER!!!! It was a lovely afternoon and we were able to enjoy lunch out on the patio. I savored it for I knew that enjoying anything outside back home in Florida would be out of the question for months to come. Remember, summer is hell in Florida. Promise! LOL!

After lunch, the kids wanted to go back to the town pool one more time so Amy and I took the kids. Matt and Mark took naps. (Love it!) The other kids had a great time swimming for a couple hours.

Supper time was something we all were looking forward to - we had tickets to the Flying J Ranch!!! (You know, Chuckwagon show and great food!) This was my third trip there and I just love it even more! Before dinner you can hang out in "Bonita Springs", kids can go for a horse ride, shoot a gun at a target, shop, or just sit and watch the fun! Just before supper they stage a gun fight (you know, the Wild West kind!) that is full of laughs and loud guns. Then supper is served! Mmmmmm!

Just as folks finish up supper the show begins. Some of the best pickin' and singin' you'll ever hear! We all had a wonderful time!

Life. It's still pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive