Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby It's COLD Outside!

Just a friendly reminder - I live in the Sunshine State, Florida. During the winter many, many folks (especially those with blue hair!) trek south to our warm state to escape the snow and cold of the northern areas of our country.

Paybacks, if you will, for those of us who endure the hellish Florida summers is the much-anticipated cold fronts during the winter season. Typically a 'cold front' will bring our temps into the 60's during the daytime in the winter. In my opinion, that is a little slice of heaven on earth!

Today we had a pretty good cold front come thru. The cloudy skies of the afternoon were cool in appearance and there was a steady northerly breeze. First thing this morning we flirted with the upper 30's temperature-wise. Ahhhh! Nice and chilly.

A few friends and I had earlier in the week arranged at coffee date for this morning but when I found out that is was to be so chilly, I suggested we meet at my house in front of a cozy fire! It was simply wonderful. And warm!

What is so amazing to me is that this chilly day provided me a rare opportunity to burn not one but 4 firelogs in the fireplace. Honestly, does it get any better?! I've really enjoyed this sweet time!

The fourth log has just flickered for the last time. It's been reduced to a artful pile of glowing embers. No better time than now to head up to my cozy bed and settle into the pile of blankies that will hopefully provide a great slumber.

Ahhhh......Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm just wondering if you think it might warm up in the next two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, there is no telling! The 7-day forecast is looking warmer, but beyond that, I have no clue! This is a great link for my area's forecast, if you're interested: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=28.119227494178126&lon=-81.80557250976562&site=tbw&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

    Are you still interested in going to Bok Tower? If so, I'd be happy to join you, just let me know the date. The sooner, the better. Like I said before, I'll bring my kids if their school schedule permits! It would be mighty chilly to go to the beach as far as swimming would go, but would be a fantastic time to go birding and exploring nature! (ie - Ft. DeSoto)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive