Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Laundry, Cleaning Cars and a Full Moon Rising

After our fun adventures up in the northern part of the state, we had mounds of laundry and some mighty dirty rental cars. Poor Grandma's washer and dryer got quite a workout. How thankful I am for them, too!!!

The amount of dirt, gypsum and crumbs that were accumulated in the car was way too much for me. Even though it's just a rental, I can't stand to travel in a dirty car. The shopvac, a roll of paper towels and some Windex worked their magic and the vehicle, at least on the inside, looks and smells much better. I can't believe how very much I miss my Crown Vic. Especially it's V-8 engine and it's comfort.

The kids all played, colored, watched a Netflix movie, played in the park, and wrote plays. Ben sliced his finger open with his pocket knife and Abby fell playing outside and got some scrapes. Aaron also got a splinter in his finger. He was looking for hospice, and I just told him to basically suck it up. He soaked it in Betadine so all the germies are dead. He'll live thru it.

After dinner Grandma said there was a full moon so we looked up the rising time and went out to the malpais to watch it rise. Grandma gave all the kids bubbles from Carrie the Cookie Lady and they had a blast blowing them into the wind while we waiting for the moon to rise. Grandma also gave the kids honey straws and they were in heaven! All the sudden the moon peaked over the mountain and it was just amazing! So big and bright! What a grand way to end our fun day!

Life. It's still sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive