Monday, July 12, 2010

Thunderstorms and a Soccer Game

After our long, fun day in ABQ yesterday, we all enjoyed a lazy morning. Well, all except Grandpa (my Dad) - he got up early and went to play tennis with 'the boys'. I swear he is the energizer bunny!!

After breakfast Grandpa took the kids for a walk around Zozo, then they ended up at a friends to watch soccer. World Cup, I think is what they called it. (LOL!) They were gone until mid afternoon.

Grandma and I hung out at the house doing all those glamorous things we do - laundry, cleaning, etc. All the while we kept peeking outside and watching one pretty cool (literally!) thunderstorm dance about the mountain tops. Finally it rained in our front yard. Did I mention it was cool?! When a storm comes thru the desert, it REALLY cools things off. Not 'kinda' cools things off like those afternoon storms in FL. Goosebumps cool! And I LOVE it!

Dinner time was uneventful yet yummy. After gathering all our 'stuff', the kids and I headed back to our motel room for an early evening. Ahh, yet another very refreshing day. I am so very, very thankful!

So I'm curious - what's your name? Or shall I say it this way - who is reading my blog? Just like a cat, curiosity is killin' me! The two of you who are out there, please sign my guestbook! I am honored that you've taken the time to read my ramblings and gawk at my pictures. Really! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. ME ME ME!! LOL! I'm reading! and it's inspiring me to get my blog together!! LOL!! Love being able to hear how your trip is going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - and i think i may know why it's hard to get comments...I just commented twice and I didn't realize before I clicked to go somewhere else that it refreshes the page and makes you type in the "captcha" word to verify...but had I not realized my post didn't post I would have never gone back to check...is there a way to take that off?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive